Monday, April 13, 2009

Matters of the Heart

Lou following first heart attack
April 5, 1983
LDS Hospital - Salt Lake City, Utah

While in Utah at the end of March 1983, Leona and I were in the Distribution Center in Salt Lake when I experienced my first heart problems. The paramedics came and transported me to LDS hospital in Salt Lake City where I had a heart attack after being admitted! I had good care and recovered well and resumed normal activity.

It's amazing to me that Dad lived more than 20 years after this first heart attack - 20 years that were filled with a lot of visits to family, church service, travel and great life experiences. Those years were a bonus for all of us as they allowed us to have Lou/Dad/Grandpa as a part of our lives during his retirement years. What a blessing!




This was Dad's journal entry -
very brief for such a significant event! I can add a few details, but I'm sure that Leona can add even more. I'll update this post after getting more information from Mom - or anybody who wants to share information through a comment or email to me. Feel free to share your memories.


No comments: