Monday, October 4, 2010

Why I've been AWOL



I didn't take a month off just for vacation. . . I didn't ignore the piles and files of family pictures just to read a novel. . . I didn't miss birthdays just to be mean (Happy belated, Lou, Jr.!) . . . I didn't neglect the family history just because the weather was nice . . .  and I didn't abandon this blog just because I felt like it.  

But we've been busy around here.

After an unexpected hospital stay at the end of August, Leona left her townhouse and moved a mile down the street to a new home with me and Don.  We've all been busy sorting, purging, packing, unpacking, saving, giving away, and generally settling in to our new surroundings.  Finally, Leona's beautiful pictures are hung, her clock (although not yet on the wall) is chiming down the hall, and the pile of boxes to be processed is dwindling.  

I think I'm about settled enough to return to the blogging world.  Check back soon!

No comments: