Wednesday, May 14, 2008

These are a few of his favorite things

What great memories surfaced when we came across these pictures in Dad's notebooks. He may have taken these pictures for insurance purposes, or he may have just taken them because he wanted to document the everyday pattern of his life. Whatever the reason, enjoy this trip through Grandpa's day.


Water distiller with the juicer in the background


Homemade bread . . .

made in the Zojirushi bread maker


Mom's rolls
He loved them almost as much as he loved her!


Pork ribs and homemade applesauce
- need I say more?



The hats that hung on the wall in his study
I scanned the picture with the notebook paper he'd mounted them on, because I love they way he had labeled each hat.


His computer
He loved technology and was willing to try anything new in that field.


His desk in the study
This was the site of much of his writing and picture organizing.
To me it almost seems to be a sacred place.


The famous notebooks in his study
I will ever be grateful to Dad for his tireless record keeping.
We are certainly the beneficiaries of his passion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed at Lou's record keeping. If only I could do 1/2 as much as he did. What a wonderful gift to his family. It's inspiring!
MBC

Anonymous said...

If you'd had a picture of my cinnamon rolls, you would have had to write that he loved them MORE than me! And he loved the chunky homemade applesauce almost black with cinnamon. He couldn't get too much cinnamon in the applesauce.

I had never seen any of these pictures, but they brought back great memories.

Leona