Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thoughts of Dad - Jim

Living in a trailer in Greeley
June, 1951


"Here is a picture . . . to show you how good I feel when I think of you."
1965

In my eyes, next to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, my father was the most righteous man to have ever walked the earth.

When I was a young man, my father and his brother were Boy Scout Leaders. Together they helped many young men to be great men. They taught by example and through the Spirit.


My father believed in personal and family prayer, and personal and family scripture study. He loved the Church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Even during his weakest moments last week, my father was still teaching my brothers and I. Each day he would sit up on the edge of his hospital bed, my mother sitting with her arm around him, and he would tell her that he loved her.

Lincoln Monument - Cheyenne, Wyoming
Fall, 1987

Dad's 65th birthday - March 1985
Denver, Colorado

Dad with Jim's family
May, 1993



No comments: