Tuesday, February 22, 2011

. . . E mail - whatever that is

I laughed when I thought about the beginning of email and that none of us knew how to use it!
 
to the Family
from Jim
February 1996

Well, if you have not guessed by now, Tesi bought me a new computer for Christmas.  I am really just learning how to use it.  It is a Macintosh Performa 5215 CD.  It is really neat and does many things I cannot.

If it looks like I am having a lot of fun with it you have guessed right.  It does know how to spell, but I do not have a grammar check in it so you will have to forgive the long sentences and never ending paragraphs.

A great newsletter - colorful and newsy
I am anxious to learn all that I can about his computer.  It does have a modem, Don.  I know you asked me about that.  It also has E mail, whatever that is.  I just need to learn how to use it.

I do know how to print in color and use the clip art that came with it.  As you can see it can be a lot of fun.  I guess my letter will be over when I run out of pictures.

 Our computer skills have come a long way!

Jimmy, Tesi, Jim, Brittany
May, 1997

No comments: