Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Belong to the Church . . .

Lou - 3rd Grade
1931-32

On 16 May 1931 I was baptized by Elder J. Leslie Hobbs and confirmed by Elder Jay P. Davis into the Pueblo Branch of the Western States Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My baptism certificate was recorded by Sister Amy D. Newton, Branch Clerk and signed by President J.T. Johnson.

Elder J. Leslie Hobbs
1931

Elders J. Leslie Hobbs and Jay P. Davis slept at Sister Maude Myers home down the street from us and took their meals at our house. Sister Myers had gone to work in a restaurant out by the cemetery on old Highway 50 at Blend.

Proof of my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - but they spelled my name wrong, and I am surprised that my mother let it go without getting it corrected!

No comments: