Sunday, June 20, 2010

" . . . that which I have seen my Father do"

 Lou - Leona Butler
1993

As evidence that Dad's thoughts were never far from his family, I found this entry in his journal.  He wrote it on just an ordinary day, but the advice is very fitting for Father's Day.


Jesus said - someplace (John 5: 19?) “I only do that which I have seen my Father do.”

To my children and grandchildren:
  • You have within you the capability to become what you want to be, and what you become will be either by choice or by default.
  • I love you all very much and want you to become the very best. The Savior said “to become even as I am” – perfect.
  • Free agency isn’t just a freedom to do as you please – but a freedom to become what you want to become.
  • You – boys in particular – inherit from me a tendency to have clogging arteries, but you can choose not to have them by choosing proper diet and exercise.

  • You are a part of each of your grandparents and parents – but you can choose to accept or reject them by choosing to be like or not to be like them. 

John 5:19:  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I way unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do:  for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.


No comments: