Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family Photo Shoot

James and Mary Carpenter family
circa 1903


 back row:  James Buchanan - James - Effie - Claude - Marion
front row:  Iva  - Ralph - Ream - Mary Adeline Parker

This is the other Carpenter picture I found - the entire Carpenter family taken when Ream was just a young child.

I'm impressed with the number of family pictures I have found in this adventure.  I know that money was not always abundant in our ancestral families, but somehow they found a way to dress the entire family in their "Sunday best" and sit for a formal photograph from time to time.  And when I think about what cameras were like during that time period - slow to shoot and leaving little room for error - I'm even more impressed!

Mary, the mother of this family, died in 1916 only about 12 - 13 years after this picture was taken.  How fortunate to have this in our history.

When did you last gather your family for a picture taking session?  Don't wait any longer!

No comments: