Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We don't live here anymore.

Taking a break from letters, here's a funny school story:



Mrs. Salas’ First Grade was going on a field trip this morning and everyone had permission slips except for one little girl. So the teacher sent her to the office with a note asking if I could get permission for her to go by a call on the telephone.

I grabbed her enrollment card to get the phone number, but they had no phone! So I took the card and the little girl and we took off for her house as she said her mother was home. I had the address on the enrollment card, so I drove quickly to the house, and we got out and walked up to the porch.

Two doors! I knocked on one and no one came to the door, so we moved over and I knocked on the second door; still no one came. So I said to the little girl, “Your mother must not be at home.”

She replied, “We don’t live here anymore.”

So she showed me where they moved, and we got the mother’s permission and got back to school just as the class was getting on the bus.

No comments: