Friday, November 7, 2008

I consider it a privilege. . .

Tesi - Jim - Leona - Lou
November 7, 1975

Since Lou was serving as the Stake President of the Pueblo Stake, he had the authority to perform marriages. It was a special occasion for him to perform the marriage ceremony for Jim and Tesi.

November 7, 1975 – Jim and Theresa Ann Sandoval were married. I performed the ceremony with these words of introduction and then followed with a prayer and the traditional marriage ceremony.

“I consider it a privilege to conduct this ceremony for you.


"We believe marriage to be ordained by God, to help develop His attributes and that absolute loyalty to one another is essential.


"Most Latter-day Saint weddings are performed in temples, homes or chapels, with sealings to be performed in the temple as soon as possible.”


Soon after their wedding, Tesi was baptized, and in due time they were married in the Salt Lake Temple.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Eternal mother and Father!!! I chose this! My mom (Tesi) has been a wonderful example as a mother. I love her! And my daddy, strong and steadfast! I look forward to being with them for Eternity! I love you both! This was no mistake! Blessings beyond measure!!!! Kari Lynn Butler Oborn